a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, June 28, 2012

still striking...

She's still refusing to feed but the good news is she drank some apple juice from her cup so I was a bit less stressed.  I've got a bit more chilled about the fact that this may lead to us giving up breastfeeding, at the end of the day the important thing is for her to get fluid in her, whatever way.  She seems to only drink from a cup when at her high chair, so refused milk at bedtime again.  I will concentrate on just getting liquid in her for the next few days (whilst still offering her feeds) and then worry about getting her to drink milk from a cup in a few days time.  I can't see her changing her mind about feeding from me, she's a stubborn little soul, but am pumping a bit, more to stop my boobs exploding than anything.
Paul's work colleague had a baby boy a week before Becca came along, and he is in intensive care in Bristol hospital with breathing issues.  Kind of puts it in perspective.....

No comments: