a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, June 10, 2012

In the dew of little things...

our heart finds it's morning and it is refreshed. (Kahlil Gibran)
One of the best things about being a mum is seeing the world through a child's eyes again.  Sometimes, when I'm desperately trying to hurry Ben along to playgroup or the shop I get frustrated at his dawdling.  And then I try and remind myself that it doesn't matter if we are late as the world will go on turning and the main purpose of the trip is usually to get somewhere to amuse him anyway, so if he is amused en route then that should be just as important.  Today he found the biggest joy in carrying a stick with him to and round the shop.  Last week it was all about jumping in puddles, and often at the moment he is completely thrilled when finding and blowing a dandelion clock. I know this wide-eyed enthusiasm at everything won't last, so I am trying to enjoy while I can.

No comments: