a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

On strike

Yesterday Rebecca gave me a nip a few times when feeding, the third time I yelped a bit loudly and sat her on the floor and said "No" - and she cried.  And then decided to go on nursing strike.  So for the past 24 hours when I try and feed her she has writhed, screamed and cried her little heart out.  It wouldn't be so bad if she was willing to drink from a bottle or a cup but she takes barely a sip before stopping, spluttering or simply refuses.  It doesn't exactly make me feel happy either as this was not the way I wanted to stop feeding at all.  It's not been an easy day as she's been really upset a lot of the day and tired too.  A lot of the guidance about dealing with nursing strikes says to try and spend time cuddled up together, have a bath or go back to bed.  All this would have been OK had i not had a hair appointment, had to sort out Ben for nursery and then spend all afternoon waiting for a bloody plumber to turn up who, when I called him at 4pm had "got caught up in another job" and hadn't bothered to let me know.  Aaargh  What a bloody frustrating day all round

No comments: