a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Failure is the only option

Having 1 kid is hard.  Having 2 is harder.  Add one of them being ill into the mix and you can multiply that 10 fold.  Since having Rebecca I regularly feel as though neither child gets enough attention, and this is getting harder now that she is awake more and wanting more attention.  But today, with Ben vomiting like that girl from  the Exorcist my feelings of maternal failure were right at the top of the scale.  Rebecca was crying cos she is teething and I was ignoring her.  Ben was in tears (understandably).  He and I, and the floor were covered in vomit and I just didn't know where to start.  In the end I stripped up both off, ignored the floor and Becca (having put her somewhere safe) get us into new clothes and gave him a big cuddle.  Then got vomited on again.  Hey ho.
After the 3rd vomit he declared "I feel much better Mummy" which was a relief, so I sat him on the sofa cuddling teddy and watching Shaun the Sheep whilst I tried to make it up to Becca, but then still feeling guilty for not sitting with Ben.
He threw up again later but seemed to perk up after that so hopefully will be OK tonight.  I desperately hope so as I am shattered and it seems that Paul had a particularly bad day too....  So onto making tea, having a glass of wine and washing the dried vomit out of my hair.  Glamorous life.

No comments: