a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, January 23, 2009

Politics at work

I don't like to blog about the job, given that I'm in HR and am well aware of the implications of dissing your company online .  That said, life in my job is 85% good,  I love being back in the company, like the challenges and like the people I manage and work closely with - however the experience of being "bought" by another company, and being shoe-horned into their culture, organisational structure (and I use the world "structure" loosely) and basically having my original remit completely rehashed is starting to hack me off.  I guess 15% annoyed is a pretty good percentage, and its certainly not putting me off the place, but I do despair of the politics that I seem to have been parachuted into.  I'm not a political manoevering kind of person. I just get on with the job and I'm damn well not going to change either.  just wish some others were the same.  hey ho, at least its friday adn I have a curry and glass of wine waiting for me to finish this blogpost - cheers Husband!

No comments: