a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

weekends...

Great weekend, although the problem with a good bank holiday weekend is that you are even more depressed about the prospect about coming back to work! We went down to Woollacombe late Friday evening, in time to pitch the tent, blow up the lilo in the dark and have a quick beer before retiring to freeze our proverbials in the night.
Got up to a fairly decent day but not amazingly sunny – sat about and drank various cups of tea (not unlike a Sagga weekend at this point) before heading off to the beach. The sea was as flat as a pancake which didn’t inspire the keen canoe people (i.e. everyone bar me) so we decided to descend on the pitch and putt. I don’t think Tiger Woods should be losing any sleep… Paul even managed to land one in the road. I then wandered round the shops while the keen people played in the surf in their canoes. That evening, after BBQ’ing for England, buying a bottle of wine from a pub (ouch) after realising I’d left one in the shop - we had a few swift drinks in the campsite pub to get warm. I then went to bed with my woolly hat on, and walking socks tucked into my PJ’s. Who says romance is dead….
Sunday morning was evening slower than saturday, apart from the keen people (not Paul) who got up early to check out the surf, only to come back 20 mins later cos it was flat. The keen people then did a 6 mile coastal trip and we met them arriving on the beach. We then went to the pub, then drove home – well actually I spent the entire drive back asleep - apart from waking up when we stopped at the services to buy chocolate, eat it then fall back to sleep again. Sometimes being a passenger is a good thing.

Yesterday was quiet but relaxed, main achievement was putting up a trellis for my rose bush. It took 2 trips to B&Q and a call to my mum and dad but we got there in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we were in North Devon at the weekend too. didn't see you, but we were doing fogyish things like looking at gardens!

notquiteginger said...

i've started to enjoy garden centres so I guess I'm sliding down taht slippery slope!