a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, May 21, 2006

family committments

My auntie Ros was complaining today because I haven't updated in a while and she is now living her life vicariously through my blog. apologies for letting you down... and hopefully this will make up for it but I have good reason for not being up todate. mainly because my social life and work life have both gone into overdrive, to the point where I have stopped unpacking my suitcase but actually live out of it when I am at home as it's simpler. we spent last weekend at Cranham Scout campsite doing a bit of service work, painting a toilet block. I should have helped out on the sunday morning with the campfire circle too but i was too hungover and grumpy having devoured a lot of red wine and port the previous night. Paul arrived with a chinese takeaway for 11 people on the sat evening which went down well, apart from not bringing prawn carckers, but we forgave him when we realised he's bought seaweed... yum.

So then went up on sunday evening to the wonderful world of Chorley, once again, and started my week of work work work. meeting all day monday, travel to derby, meeting all day tuesday, travel to warwick (bit in the middle which i'll come back to in a minute) training all day wednesday, training all day thursday, home back to a hosue full of drying tents and dirty washing from the previous weekend.... whew I was knackered.
But in between all that I saw TAKE THAT!!!!!!!! oh boy oh boy oh boy. Along with sarah, emma, sax and karen I took sally who's normal choice of concert is more along the lines of Bon Jovi and Whitesnake. We got into the spirit with 100 glow sticks proudly supplied by sarah who had bought them from the internet. we glowed for england, so much that people we knew in the rest of the auidence could easily find us! Pretty much lost my voice from screaming "Gary" (I yes I know he's the fat one but I liked him). they really were fab, great showmanship, fab dancing, voices were ace and they genuinely seemed delighted to be back (as Howard said "I was about to move back in with my mum so thanks for buying the tickets!") Sally had a little trouble taking it seriously at first but I think she got into it by the end and was waving her glow stick with the rest of us. It took me an hour to get out of the car park but luckily I had bought a book with me to keep me amused.

So that was last week - apart from another event which may or may not have implications on work. but I will reveal more as and when necessary.

This weekend was a trip to Birmingham to see the fabulous Boo Hewerdine - somewhat different from the previous gig, less than 100 people but a brilliant concert, he is such a hidden talent but in a way, I like it like that (I guess his accountant would prefer him to be bigger but I like the smaller gigs). then on Saturday evening we had a meal out with friends at the fab Storyteller restaurant, we cleaned out plates, put the world to rights, bet on the Eurovision and discussed the Apprentice. Top quality night.

Today was a trip to Oxford for my cousins 40th. I forgot how nice Oxford is, evening in the pouring rain, must try and go back there soon. we caught up with the family gossip, saw some of Jane's lovely pictures - I liked the one incorporating Mr Kipling cakes, and ate chocolate cake - yum. Paul seemed to cope with the experience - he seems to have had an extraordinary number of family occasions this year, I've promised him that normally it's only 2 a year.... not sure if he beleives me though....

so there you go Ros - hope that keeps you up to date.....!

No comments: