a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

weddings and radio choices

Wedding season has begun, and, unusually, I’m not a bridesmaid! But that’s a good thing… we drove up to the lakes, met up with lots of old friends, drank copious amounts of alcohol, had a good dance, “aaahh’d” at the bride, drank more alcohol, and basically had a great time. Fab wedding indeed. Took lots of photos of lambs in Grassmere too, and ate gingerbread. Oh and went round to a friend of Pauls who’s a jammy git and has landed a house (attached to the job) which lies on the side of the lake, with it’s own private little jetty. Git – where did I go wrong.

I was thinking today about the fact that I feel like I’m in a cultural NoMansLand. Since Johnny Walker left the Drivetime show and Chris Evans took over I have had to defect to Scott Mills. So basically I listen to Sarah and Terry on Radio 2 in the morning, followed by Ken on 2 if I’m still in the car, rapidly turning over to Jo Wiley to avoid the horrendous Jeremy Vine if I’m still stuck in traffic by then. God only knows why people enjoy listening to that man. I tune into Colin and Edith if I’m out and about in the afternoon and now love Scott and his gullible mum on the way home. But then at 7pm I turn my back on country music/showtunes (on 2) and dance fever (on 1) and switch to Radio 4 for the Archers plus the odd comedy programme. PLUS I listen to the Woman’s Hour and Mayo/Kermode’s podcasts when jogging.

Yikes, I’m a marketing researchers nightmare.

1 comment:

DaveP said...

At least you've broken the cycle of "always the bridesmaid, never the bride". ;-)