a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Well the beetroot culinary experience proved positive. In addition to the creation of a pink kitchen the actual cake itself was damn impressive. It tastes really quite good but, well, beetrooty as well in a weird kind of way. I sent Paul to work with some in a little Tupperware pot. He’s now contractually obliged to appreciate my cooking so hopefully he won’t have chucked it over the fence on the way to work, liked I used to do with my sandwiches on the way to school all those years ago.
in response to Clr's comment I was trying to find something interesting to do with the beetroot whcih came in my vedge box. I had intended to do exactly as suggested and smother it in butter icing but ni fact it's damn nice jsut on it's own. tastes a lot like tea cake. yum

I haven’t written yet about our new TV viewing experience. We have become even more tecchie and purchased a PVR. As the reviews say “this will change your life”. Possibly not my life but certainly my TV viewing habits. No longer am I forced to watch Hollyoaks simply because it was the only thing on when I have made my tea and sat down with a desire to watch something while I eat it. NOW I can increase my choice massively by recording onto the hard disk SOOOOO many possibilities, that I am spoilt for choice! For the uninitiated it’s Sky+ without the subscription…..
Only thing is Paul and I are more interesting the endless recording possibilities rather than actually viewing. It’s a bit like me reading the TV guide so I know what’s on but never actually watching anything. But at least we now have lots of films to watch should we fee the urge. Oohh technology eh, in’t it ace.

No comments: