a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, September 24, 2006

the charity chicken plan

I have come up with the answer to my chicken dilemma. It's based on the following:

1 - I need to use it to raise some cash for cancer research as this was the reason it was given to mum.
2 - people like the chicken but they don't want it for themselves (bit like my view on kids!)
3 - therefore people won't pay to have the chicken
4 - but people may pay to get rid of the chicken....
5 - So......

I am going to pass on the chicken to someone, and pay £5.00 to charity for the pleasure of doing so - and ask the new owners to do the same. I shall print off instructions to go around his neck so that future owners know their responsibilities.

1 -you must not keep the chicken for more than 1 month
2 - when passing the chicken on you must take a photo of the new owner and add it to the charitychicken Flickr page!
3 - you pay cancer research £5 for the pleasure of getting rid, and seeing the faces of the people you pass it on to! (I shall leave it up to people how they do this)

lets see if this works.... beware future chicken owners, we're coming to get you!

2 comments:

Simon said...

I love this idea.

Is there an easy way to pay your £5?

notquiteginger said...

thanks Si.. I figure people can either go to www.cancerresearchuk.org or bung it in a collection tin when they see one.