a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, April 01, 2006

trainers, bunnies and contraceptives

So I went shopping for trainers. Woo hoo. Much prefer shopping for other things but I guess if I'm going to do this then i should at least have a vaguely decent pair. I went for the options of "slightly more expensive than the ones that reminded me of the old BHS one's mum used to buy me for school", but not as expensive as the "I'm paying for the name on the side" variety. I was so depressed about spending my money on such a dull purchase that I went and blew a lot more on slightly more interesting things.
But at least I came home and went out for a run - well again, I guess the terminology of "a run" would have me fined under the Trade Descriptions Act but you've got to start somewhere. the funniest thing I'm finding is that, despite the physical knackeredness I am actually getting stuff out of this - and not just the obvious health benefits (which I hope to dear god will come - all this pain can't be for nothing surely...) But in fact today I got to nose at some lovely houses and daydream that I lived there - the type who have long pebbled drives that crunch under the wheels of the Bentley when you drive down it. I also saw LOADS of really cute bunny rabbits in the field near my house - just like in Wallace and Gromit. All very worthy…
Finally I have discovered that running to music doesn't really work for me as I still concentrate on how knackered I am. but with the benefit of my trusty iPod I've opened up my world to podcasts and am now jogging/hyperventilating to the dulcet tones of Simon Mayo, Mark Kermode's film reviews and the Woman's Hour daily podcast highlight. So far I have learnt about Richard Eyre's adaptation of King Lear, Daniella Westbrooke’s battle with drugs, the story behind the LBD (Little Black Dress) and the benefits of the new contraceptive pill being trialed in Edinburgh Uni. Now that’s what I call life-enhancing!

No comments: