a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, March 31, 2006

and so the agony begins...

Most people will now know that I've signed up the Race for Life in Cheltenham in July. I figure the more people I tell, the more obliged I am to go through with it (and obviously the more chance I get of getting sponsorship) . It's probably not a big deal to many people but the prospect of running any amount of distance is seriously daunting to me (apart from running to the chocloate machine but I guess that doesn't really count). let's face it... my boobs were not designed to stand that level of gravitational pull. So I've gone out and done a bit of training - whichn mainly involved walking lots with a litle bit of running but I have time to progress (and work on my injury excuses!). I ache like mad but thats not suprising since I've not done any real exercise since leaving school!

The race is the day after the team event Sagga runs at the Malvern Challenge so there's a chance I may be able to get up that bloody hill without passing out this year too....
I've convinced Emma and Saxone to join up too, but they are fitter by far than me. Emma's mum has just had the all clear from cancer, and a close friend of mine is mid-way through battling breast cancer and doing a damn fine job of it too. I'm off to spain with her in ten days time and shall be putting aside my running training to enjoy the delights of olives and spanish red wine (and sunshine and reading books). I have given up red wine for lent which has been quite hard at times, but have decided that Easter will have to come early this year as there's no way I'm going on holiday to Spain without being able to sample the local vino.

But I'm sure red wine is good for training, at least the prospect of a glass at the end of the race may be the best way to keep me going!

so... ... sponsor me if you can via the link or just wish me luck....

2 comments:

Simon said...

Wierdness. The link to your sponsor site only works with the www on it.

Oh and er yeah, you need your template tweaking to allow people to leave blogger comments. Ask Mad, she pretends to be a techno-thickie, but is really a geek deep down.

Does anyone need to train to run 5km though?

notquiteginger said...

er yes... me. we're not all keen walkers Si....