a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, April 21, 2006

an A to Z of Spain

Accommodation - Rada’s flat in Chiclana, Andalucia is really lovely – photos of it are here and if you fancy staying there sometime then let me know as she rents it out….
Burning Feet – it hurts when you forget to put cream on those important bits
Chemo Fog – the name they give when you’re being treated with chemo and start to forget things – Rada has this as an excuse for constantly misplacing keys and phones, and banging her head on various things by accident. My excuse was just being blonde.
Dreams – I had some really weird ones, must have been the cheese – one night I dreamt I would fail my degree unless I wrote an essay on the theological similarities between the Samaritans and the Tufty Club. Tough call.
Eggs – Easter ones, we bought Kinder eggs and I stuffed the chocolate down in one gulp then enjoyed making the little model. All 6 of them (nearly) - yum
Footloose – you can’t help but move your feet and wave your hands in the air and dance to the song, even if you’re sat on an aeroplace next to a Psychiatrist….
Getting on down in bars and nightclubs – that didn’t happen cos we couldn’t be bothered, must be getting old..!!!
Hats– we bought lots! I love them, and Rada needs ‘em to keep her head warm!
I love not being at work. Should do it more often…
Jess (and Mille… and Paul) – I did miss them x
Kitesurfing - Tarifa beach is full of rather sexy surfers throwing themselves about in the sea. Nice!
Licence – it helps to take your driving licence if you want to hire a car. Still at least it meant I got driven everywhere for a change!
Monkeys – on Gibralter Rock. Along with all other cultural and touristy attractions in Andalucia, I didn’t bother to see them, but spent my time shopping and reading instead!
Nearly missing our flight back – as we arrived at Gibralter airport they were announcing that the Gate (not just check-in) was closed! Luckily they let us on and we ran to get on the (already fully boarded plane)
Octopus – I ate some, can’t say I’ll be rushing to do so again, it’s a bit too squidgy and the suckers put me off…
Pain – I’ve been having real trouble with pain in my ankles from the jogging. Bought some gel insole things which will hopefully help but I think I run flat-flooted. Darn this exercise malarky
Quality control testing out sunbeds in the middle of Carrefour – it’s important to make the right choice even if you’re making an arse of yourself.
Red wine – I made up for the last month by drinking a fair amount!
Sunbathing with our fleeces on, on Tarifa beach which is a little windy!!
This Thing of Darkness – by Harry Thompson - what an absolutely amazing book – I spent a lot of the time reading this and when I finished it - it felt like I’d lost a friend. It’s a thick book, but don’t let that put you off, it’s a brilliant read which keeps you interested the entire through.
Um… running out of things to say now
Volleys – we had a (quick) game of tennis. I don’t think Serena Williams has anything to worry about but it was a good laugh – mainly for people nearby watching us!
Waterproof – bought a fab funky snot green one, along with a cool fleece. Ok so I know it’s supposed to be hot in Spain but they had a sale of the winter clothes and it was cheap!!
X-ray machine – Rada had a letter from the hospital in case she set the alarm off, explaining that her chemo may mean she had stuff in her system still… luckily it didn’t go off…
Yes definitely running out of things now…
Zzzzz – have to catch up on sleep now….

No comments: