a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, March 19, 2006

blonde moment

You going to like this one…..

Good weekend last weekend – spent a lot of it cleaning the house as it’s race week this week and I had 3 blokes coming this Tuesday evening to stay in my house whilst I moved into mum and dad’s (along with Sarah who’s also renting her house out).

Monday night I went out with Paul and some of his canoe club people to spend the evening Slot Car racing. Basically it’s a huge scaletrix track with cars set up in a big garage… with all the technology set up like Go Karting so you can all race each other with the timings on computer. I was the only girl and out of about 10 I came 4th, so was in the final. Not bad eh!

So there I was, basking in the light of girlie credibility… until I realised I’d locked myself out of my house…… again. These were my various thought processes….

I’m always doing this, so I have escape routes….keys at both my best friends and my parents. I’ll be fine.

So I’ll get the keys from Sarah’s house.
But she gave them back to me the other day as I need them to give to the guys who are renting my place. They’re inside my house.

So I’ll get the keys from my mum and dad
But they are on holiday

I can get into mum and dad’s house with my spare key for theirs and get their spare key for mine….
But my keys to mum and dad’s are in my car, and my car keys are in the house.

It’s ok – mum gave me another spare set for their house to give to Sarah for living there this week – so I go round to hers. Whew! (By this time it’s about 11pm)

Go round to mum and dad’s, get in, but I can’t find my bloody spare key. Send text to dad’s mobile asking him where it is.

Give up, go back to Paul’s and feel very pissed off (and grateful that I’m working from home tomorrow which will give me a bit of time to sort it all out and organise my house before the guys arrive in the evening).

Suddenly realise that my spare key is likely to be in mum’s car, which is parked at Sally and Jon’s in Redditch. Send Jon a text and sleep well in the knowledge that tomorrow I can drive up to their house in the morning.

Except I haven’t got the keys to my car. They are in the house.

But that’s ok – I can get into mum and dad’s and get the keys to my MX5 which is in mum and dad’s garage (good job I have a spare car…)

Sleep….

Wake up. Realise that I was wearing disposable contact lenses last night which I threw away. My glasses/lenses are in my house. My house is locked. I can’t see jack shit without them. I can’t drive.

So Paul, bless him, drives me to Redditch and back in a nice little 2 hour round trip to get my spare key. (Before having to drive a further 45 minutes to work.) All’s well that ends well. Except…

Drive into my cul-de-sac to find the 8.30 arrival time my Race week guys had told me was 8.30am not 8.30pm and they were sat outside my house waiting wondering where I was.

I sent them off to Morrisons for breakfast and never have I cleared a house/packed/made beds so quickly in my life.

Boy what a dumb blonde I am sometimes.

Thank god mum and dad didn’t leave the car at the airport otherwise I would have spent the day wandering round NCP car parks bleeping randomly in the hope of finding their Megane! 

No comments: