a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

dried out

Saturday was the Malvern Challenge. It was certainly a challenge as it bucketed it down. But nonetheless we battled on valiently, running bases and trying to keep the spirits up of sopping wet scouts and guides whose mum's had allowed them to go camping/walking with a pair of jeans for clothing and a plastic carrier bag as a rucksack. Maybe my mum instilled an overdose of common sense in me but it amazes me when girl's refuse to wear their waterproofs, except tied round their waist cause it looks "trendy", despite torrential rain and cold wind. Guess I was just a natural geek!
The best thing about Saturday for me was the fact that everyone just pitched in, no-one complained, we had a laugh even though it was really bad weather and I got to hang out with my mates but felt my halo shining as I did it. It justified the bottle of wine I got through on saturday night anyway, and the long lie-in on Sunday morning.

No comments: