a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Slightly thrown by the amount of time my kids are sleeping, so have decided that if I start to type a blog-post there is a high chance one will wake.  Not that I particularly want them to wake just yet, given that it is only 2.30pm and the afternoon looms large and slightly dull.  Of course, I am truly grateful for the sunshine which makes hanging out at home an easier prospect, especially now that I feel comfortable leaving Ben to simply play away in the garden, and he is great at amusing himself.  Rebecca is more hand work, obviously, and has a tendency to whine a lot at the moment, probably teeth.  it seems the only thing that is guaranteed to placate her is small food that she can feed herself with,  So the kitchen floor is usually covered in Cheerios, bits of grape or Shreddies.  I fear we are teaching her to comfort eat....  That said, I weighed her the other day, having been concerned by her gigantic appetite since stopping feeding, but she was spot on her line, so I'm less worried about her guzzling for now!
So back to the weather - it's hot, damn hot!  A little bit too hot if I dare say but clearly I wouldn't say that given the crap weather we have had up till now, I am merely grateful not to be wearing gloves....  I just hope it stays as nice as this for the Olympics and for Sagga camp.  We are planning on going to camp only for the first weekend as I can't really subject Paul to more than a long weekend just yet, and doing it on my own with the 2 of them seems a task too big at their current age. Perhaps I am a wuss, but frankly I don't care what anyone else thinks, we work well as a team and I like it that way. So here's to sunshine, paddling pools, sunbathing teddybears and factor 30.

No comments: