a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, July 13, 2012

Made the most of the small bit of sunshine today and hit the pub with Bonnie for a Pimms - oh and 4 under 3's as well which meant the whole experience wasn't quite as relaxing as the phrase "afternoon in the pub" once meant.  However I still appreciate that others were in their offices working away whilst we sipped our drinks.  Maternity Leave rocks, well, theoretical maternity leave in my case, but it still rocks.
Talking of "maternity leave", I may have the possibility of some part time work starting at the end of the year covering a maternity leave.  It will be at a lower level and I am not sure what the days/hours/salary will be but hopefully will find out on Tuesday when I go and talk to the HR Manager, who I know from my days working in Stonehouse.  It's certainly got my hopes up anyway, as a way of getting back into working, but without the full on responsibility.  The only issues may be practicalities.  I recognise that pay will be significantly lower but I think there is a lot to be said for simply keeping yourself employable, and I do really miss working in a team, which is something I talked about with the HR girls last Friday night when we all went out for a meal.  Whilst I can earn good money doing this "consultancy" thing, it doesn't really bring about that sense of team working.  That said, it may be that money talks when it comes down to the cold hard sums.  Time will tell....

No comments: