a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, November 30, 2009

well I put it off, but it wasn't particularly easy as they were pretty insistent that we consider our options. It seems to be more of a logistical issue given that they expect to be busy by the end of the week and "don't want me to regret not having the induction earlier this week". Well as far as I am concerned, its surely difficult for them to plan these things anyway, and if I were to become a risk medically I assume I would go up the priority list than a "normal booked in" induction. So once I established that they were ok with me medically we left the hospital. That said, it still took a good 4 hours for them to do that, which i think may all be part of their master plan - in that you hang around for such a long time you end up thinking, well hell I may as well have the bloody induction and get on with it seeing as I am here.

I have to go in every day for monitoring which will drag, so can see that there is a chance I crack tomorrow. I've been having the odd cramp but truly nothing to write home about and nothing that makes me feel hopeful this will happen naturally any time soon. This is so annoying, if it was purely up to me I know I would want to keep waiting a good few more days, but its not just me, its Paul, my parents, his parents, everyone else waiting and waiting..... and I'm starting to feel seriously pressured.

1 comment:

Rankersbo said...

Matthew was 7 weeks early. We couldn't wait to get him out of the neonatal unit.

We did often get the impression that the staff found us difficult for asking questions, and not just doing what was easiest for them. :(

If people are giving the impression that they're impatient to hear news and see photos of the baby, then you should ignore that and do what's best for you.

SO... don't feel pressured. You're the only one with all the info who can know what's best.