a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, November 02, 2009

1st November

It's november. That means I'm having a baby..... THIS MONTH!! (unless it is seeeeeeriously lazy). I think we're probably as prepared physically as we can be, one of the benefits of having had lots of time off that I hadn't planned. We picked up the pram yesterday and practised strapping in the car seat yesterday. Nursery is pretty much done, and bags are packed. I have just over 2 more weeks until the due date so am prepared for a month's wait because, whilst we may be prepared with the practicalities, I'm still not overly sure I'm prepared for a little baby to enter our world.

I'm up now because I think the little one has hiccups so is keeping me awake, along with the fact that I need a wee all the time and lie in bed thinking about ice cubes. Itchy stomach and swollen feet are also a joy to appreciate. but I know that this is me getting off lightly compared to many so whilst I whinge, I am also grateful.

It's hard to to be completely engrossed in the baby/pregnancy thing and remember that for everyone else life continues as normal. For us, everything stops/starts mid November and every decision seems based around baby monitors, clothing etc etc. So apologies if my tweets/posts/FB status's are dull dull dull. I hope to get my full personality back in 18 years :-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have a present for you :)