a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, August 23, 2008

best laid plans....

well after a slightly frustrating time trying to find a campsite for this weekend, I gave in and accepted that perhaps a weekend at home wouldn't be a bad idea. I flew to aberdeen wednesday night and arrived back about 7pm last night so was delighted to have a curry cooked for me by my husband-to-be and then lie on the sofa watching Seabiscuit (which was quite good!). I'm now lying in bed typing this with the delights of 3 empty days spread ahead of me.... oh the bliss.

Paul took delivery of his new shiny bike yesterday (after about 2 months research of course) so I think today's achievement may be cycling into town, and then tomorrow we may feel slightly more adventurous and head out into the Cotswolds. Tomorrow is No Wedding Day, where conversations have to completely avoid any talk of weddings or honeymoon. Today, however, there are quite a few things that I intend to strike off the list of things to do....

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

A weekend at home is actually not so bad--especially when you can really plan your own time. Sometimes the whole planning and traveling thing can be more stressful than it is worth.