a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, June 16, 2007

throat was rough for a couple of days but didn't result in the full-blown voice loss, which was a relief based on how busy I am at work and how little time I have for being ill at present. Don't even have time for a holiday, although to be fair thats also in part due to the fact that we are busy nearly every weekend until August and then don't want to have to pay full whack for a holiday and be surrounded by kids. Plenty of time for that if and when I ever get around to having my own!

So not much to tell about this week apart from work work work. We went to see Cara Dillon last night was who as good as ever, such a pure voice, and ably supported by a rather attractive looking fellow who had a multitude of musical talents, such as playing the recorder beautifully, the irish pipes , penny whistle, etc ,etc. It was all very impresive if slightly annoying that there was so much talent in the room. At the end Cara joined in by playing a fiddle and by that point I almost wanted to kill her for not only having such a beautiful voice, being absolutely gorgeous, a size 10 after having twins seven months ago, and having a lovely husband, but also being able to play the instrument so amazingly as well. But hey, I'm sure she has her off days and occasionally gets spinach stuck between her teeth. Plus it sounds as though having twin's three months early hasn't exactly been an easy ride so I'll forgive her.

Today is saturday adn I have mostly slept. I got up early, and then crashed and burned about 3pm for an hour and then again at 5pm. not something I normally do but clearly my body needed it. It's a quiet weekend this weekend so will probably spend tomorrow on my new obsession, slug hunting. I can't help it, I'm convinced theres a conspiracy to eat all my lovely new plants that I planted this week, and they just keep on coming. I am SO turning into my mother.

Other than that, its a glass of red wine, a sofa and Doctor Who.

No comments: