a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, June 18, 2007

I see Bernard Manning has died, very sad and all, however I never really "got" him. Guess I'm not only of a different generation, but also overly sensitive on the politically correct front, based on my job. Theres actually a classic case in Race Discrimination law which stems from a "gig" he did which was offended the staff at the place he was performing. I'm sure it was all very funny in it's day, but like smoking at your desk and secretaries sitting on the bosses knees, it's all a bit dated now (although someone obvioulsy forgot to tell Mr Prescott that).

Anway, onto less work-related matters, I'm currently typing in great pain due to a cooking injury. I knew this baking lark was a dangerous game to get into, but I took my chances armed with the shiny new kitchen knife in the valient fight against the sturdily-stoned peach. I lost. Darn it. Paul came to the rescue with a (frankly far-too-small) plaster and a smidgen of sympathy and return to his computer geekery-pokery post-haste.

That said, once bandaged up I returned to the culinary battle field and fought to the end... resulting in kitchen carnage but baking victory. well, I hope so anyway, theres certainly a lovely smell emanating from the oven as I wincingly type. Of course, my bandages prevent me from washing up, so if he's wants a piece of the (cake) action, he'll have to do his chores first.... ha ha.

No comments: