a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, January 04, 2007

january sales

I'm not a fan of January sales. The idea of queueing up in the rain for hours, elbowing scary women in leggings with baggy knees and battling with grannies to buy the crap that no-one wants in December doesn't really appeal. However, during the new year trip to wales I managed to drown my (already-knackered-but-working-passably-enough-not-to-justify-buying-a-a-new-one) digital camera. Should have used a dry bag inside my nice new rucksack. although, to be fair I don't own one as it's an achievement getting me to use a rucksack in the best of weather let alone hailstorms. But the canoe boy had one. Just didn't think. Oops. But in retrospect it was an achievement really as it allowed me to spend my Christmas money on a shiny new Canon digital camera. And the beauty of it was that it WAS in the sale, BUT I got it online, so I didn't even have to fight any old grannies or over-zealous NEXT shoppers to get it but it was a good price. Now, though, I'm waiting impatiently for the postman to deliver. In general I have to admit I prefer the immediate gratification of normal shopping. Passing over the cash/credit card and walking away with the product in my hand. It's a female hormone thing. But where January sales are concerned I think this is the way forward.

No comments: