a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Champagne SuperNova

I'm usually struggling to motivate myself to do anything on a monday evening me. Having missed the first ten minutes of Waking the Dead on sunday, it meant that I was at a total loss for the rest of the programme and therefore had no great desire to watch the second half last night. luckily I had a better option.... a night out!

My weekend seems to have moved a bit out of kilter, with friday and saturday spent on my sofa doing nothing, and then last night and tonight full of social activity and excitement. Curry tonight, and a meal out for sax's birthday last night.

Last night was exceptionally funny and entertaining, not least by the fact that it was a champagne special evening at the fatastic Storyteller restaurant in Cheltenham. Now for a girl like me, who is allergic to champagne, that wouldn't normally be my choice of evening out. However it did mean I could watch the others get slowly more and more drunk on the tasters of champagne (for a bargin price as well) whilst ALSO getting to eat fantastic, non-champagne-related-food. Sax was very impressed with my present of a dayglo/flashing armband to wear whilst jogging at night, so much so that she wore it as a dog-collar - she was also suitably embarassed when we sang her happy birthday in the restaurant and they bought out a cake. all in all, a definately more enjoyable way to spend a monday evening.

No comments: