a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Prague was beautiful... and cold! It snowed pretty much most of the time although it was nearly always a gentle smattering... except for friday afternoon when we went on a walking tour and it chose to pelt it down in blizzard-like proportions. It made the whole trip even more special as everywhere looked so pretty- although I was beginning to loose the feeling in my fingers.

We spent our time wandering about, ticking off the list of things that my dad had reccomended - although, (don't tell him), we didn't go in any museums or go to the opera as he suggested. However we did manage to make time to go to the pubs he mentioned and the hall of silly mirrors up on the hill by the fake eiffel tower. Charles Bridge is really picturesque our hotel was just a stones throw away. I drank a fair bit of "hot wine" and even braved the local food which tasted fab. Just a shame it was over so quick and it's back to the humdrum of work... although thats decidedly more busy than humdrum but I'm not complaining, at lest it's interesting.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Will have to ask for your list. I just love the public transport system and those 24 hour tickets. I was amused to need a ticket for my luggage!