a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, February 19, 2006

it's been a heavy week at work, but good too. On Wednesday work finally accounced, after nearly a year of disussion, debate and complications, that we have been sold. The company buying us a a huge south african firm who does pretty similar work to what we do. It's a good thing as there was certianly a chance I could have lost my job if we had been bought by a company that currently sits in the UK with all the head office functions, but this way they have no real UK presence so want to keep us all in place and not make any redundancies, they just want to grow in the UK market. The real impact on me is that now I'm let loose on all the stuff that I've wanted to be getting on with for the past 10 months since I started. I have to be involved in setting up a new pension, new payroll, and now reqrite copntracts, policies, handbooks, inductions etc etc. thing is everything has to happen at once so it's gone from being a bit lost and unfocused to intense and busy, but I know which I prefer. and hey, I get to drive around in my new car too!

Paul bought me a lovely valentine's day present, a lead to link my iPod with my car. what an absolute star. who needs padded cards and roses, I have a bloke that knows what I really want!

No comments: