a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Shopping

I've joined the realms of middle-class England and have taken to supermarket shopping online. I made this monumental step as a result of becoming a conscientious objector to the Morrisons takeover of Safeways. The Morrisons shopping experience is not a pleasant one. Plus it brings me out in a rash reminding me of my days living in Wakefield, where the highlight of my social life was ER on a Wednesday.
So there I sat, Saturday afternoon, clicking away in the vain hope that I wouldn't spend as much as if I had to walk past the CD/DVD section. Failed completely in that respect but managed to get through the whole process without seemingly ordering 47 Fray Bentos pies by mistake. So returned from work yesterday very excited and waited with bated breath. Stupid really as I knew exactly what I'd asked for.

As my sister suggests, it would be even more fun if they included a random item to make the experience more fun - a bit like grown-up lucky dip?? ...maybe there's a marketing ploy there.

Anyway, I'm converted, no more queues or squeaky trolley wheels for me..bring on the easy life!

No comments: