a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Well after a long period of no blogging i feel we're entering a (short) phase of excessive blogging which will then grind to a halt mid-November and only restart with short snippets of child-boasting ("so advanced......!").
Today I had expected to be housebound as the plasterers were due back to finish what they started yesterday, except they have cancelled and are coming tomorrow. dammit, that's my structure to the week completely thrown! Hey ho. I have a visitor this morning so am baking some cakes now and may then pop into town this afternoon to fill my time. I am enjoying this time off but it is very weird too, feels like school holidays but no-one else is allowed out to play.

I did pop to the hospital yesterday and all was well, I guess I'm allowed at least one moment of paranoia this pregnancy, hopefully all will continue to be fine. Have finished my second piece of knitting paraphernalia, with the successful completion of the first hat. It doesn't go with the scarf I knitted but thats because I don't want to get too cocky just yet. am now working on a pink hat so I have options for baby gender. To be fair the hat, whilst allegedly for a 0-3 month old, looks huge so not sure how useful it will be but I am damn proud of myself, although Paul is wondering what happened to the cool wife he married 12 months ago.....

the midwife told me to rest on the sofa for at least an hour in the morning and afternoon so Jess is delighted at the company for that time. Most of the rest of the time her and Millie and not impressed at my being at home all day as it throws their "lets sleep on the bed all day until one of them comes home to feed us" routine. They wander around the house a little like stroppy teenagers whose mum has woken them up trying to hoover their room. Bless em... their peace will be even more shattered soon.

No comments: