a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, February 17, 2008

sunday morning

It's 9am and I gave up on the fight with the cats to let me have a lie-in and got up. It's very icy out there but nice and warm inside the house, however it seems a lovely day for a walk so I may crack on with the (many) household tasks for the day and head out there this afternoon for some fresh air.

Given my increased waistline following NZ, and the required return to fatbusters this week, I tried some porridge again this morning to see if I could stomach it. I do this fairly regularly ( well usually on an annual basis at Sagga camp), in the hope that someday I will grow into a fully fledged adult and actually like it. It is, after all, a really good way to start the day as everyone always tells you. But yet again I pretty much spat the stuff out as it tasted like wallpaper paste. Clealy no a grown up yet then..... ho hum back to the crunchy nut cornflakes.

ANYWAY I blether..... what I wanted to tell you was that if you haven't seen the photos of NZ yet then they are on the side of the page on the flickr site, but the better ones are here, courtesy of Mr Ellis (the better photographer)

2 comments:

DaveP said...

Despite being a couple of steps ahead of you in the 'grown-up' stakes, C doesn't think she'll ever be a fully-fledged member by using your measures! She won't even try porridge!

Karen said...

Cleary you're not making it right!! 1 portion of porridge to 2.5 parts milk (preferably semi skimmed...skimmed will not be any good!) and a teaspoon of sugar. Bring to boil and then simmer for at least 6 mins..............

More cooking tips can be found at Delia Wood .com !!