a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So another day another dollar. Whilst the legions were having an apparently fabulous time in Sweden, swimming in lakes, playing at overnight island bivouac trips in a Famous Five style, I was stuck in Gloucester trying to get to grips with the new job (which I haven’t yet done but hey ho… I’m still new). Also trying to get to grips with the new diet. Grrr. Back to the low alcohol intake, saying no to banoffee pie and eating lots of fruit  But it does seem to be having a slow but steady effect and hopefully this one will be a bit more sustainable than the last time.
I’m gagging for a holiday but our plans of couple of weeks somewhere in Asia are constrained by the monsoon season and so it looks like we may not get that time away until October. In which case I shall have to beg for some unpaid time off just to keep me sane, as I really could do with a bit of time to myself whilst it’s quiet for me at work (i.e. really busy for everyone else so they haven’t got time to spend with me!) – I just know things will hot up soon and so I should try and get the time while I can!

Tina left last week, after having camped out at mine for a month, although we hardly ever saw each other as she worked the evenings and would come home about half ten for a quick chat and a cuppa before I went to bed.

We’ve got into a bit of a habit of a weekly pub quiz on a Monday night, with our combined brain power wowing the other contestants and impressing the quizmaster…. Actually that’s a complete lie, we’ve managed the grand heights of achievement of coming 8th last week – and we were chuffed! Last nights was frustrating as we only really master the celebrity gossip-related ones, and fell short on the knowledge of female/male names for various animals (who needs to know a female ferret is called a Jill for goodness sake).

So there goes the highlights of my life.

No comments: