a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Other news...

On top of telling my boss I'm signed off I also told him I'm leaving. Yes I know, I know, it's a bit of a habit of mine and that, even for me, 14 months in a job is particularly paltry (or is that poultry?) but this one just didn't really work out. what with the change of ownership it made the whole job completely different from what I was originally taken on for and it was really a bit of a backwards step. Plus the travelling was ridiculous.

I'd come to this decision a while back but was waiting until the right time to look about for a new role - especially being conscious of the small amount of time I'd been there. but in fact I didn't need to look and I got approached by an old HR Director within my current company who had moved on and was looking for an HR Manager in her new company (don't really want to say who the new company is as I don't think it would be a good idea to broadcast my blogging to old or new employer). Suffice to say the move sound good, - a real challenge, new environment and different type of HR issues, involvement in stuff outside HR possibly and local! - now I just need to negotiate an early leave as I was on 3 months notice.... looking hopeful though..

It could be out of the frying pan into the fire, but hey, at least it's a well paid, local fire!.

Now if only I could yell "woohoo".....

No comments: