a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, June 11, 2006

it's been an interesting week. last weekend was BBQ-ville, then on the monday I was still officially "off sick". I had previously planned to work at home as I had blokes coming to install new door and windows. They did this, and I sat in the sun, read books, made tea and tried not to talk much. Unfortunately I also burned one of my shoulders which got me some stick when I went back to work on the Tuesday! My new doors and windows lok fab, and the cats have finally got the hang of the new cat flap. it's not exactly rocket science, just a few inches to the right of the old one... bless em. Work was ok, my boss was a bit cool at the start of the week but got better by the end. It's a nice time when you're in your notice period cos people are nice to you. still working on the shorter notice period, it will be good to get some clarity as I would love to have a couple of days off but hopefully next week will get a final answer.

this weekend was paul's mums birthday so we went to meet the family at Coughton Court which was very nice and the sun was beating down, then a BBQ back at his brothers - very relaxed...
back home this evening I noticed that a blackbird had made a next on the top of my bird table, which has been enveloped by a large unpruned bush at the back of my garden. the mother was sat on the eggs and then later on there were some babies in there. Three hungry little souls. So my cats are now very disgruntled as I won't let them out into the back garden. lets just hope they make it to be strong enough learn to fly and keep out of Jess and Millies reach...

No comments: