a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's official

apologies to those who know already, as I've actually been telling everyone for the last week but didn't want to blog it until it was formal here at work. Yep, I'm leaving! not the country - just my job. Ok I know it's only been two years, but to such a high-flying, ambitious old soul like myself 2 years is plenty when you're on the career path to taking over the world!

I've handed in my notice, had lots of nice comments from people who will forget me in 2 months time (Wendy Who? ah yes seem to I recall a short ginger bird with a big mouth....), and have even had possible counter offers thrown at me (how exciting, usually they're glad to get rid of me!). now I have to wake up and realise that it's all for real. After attending an interview, a visit to a dealership, a very tough assessment centre and a 3 hour psychometric test session, I have been offered and accepted a position of HR Manager - Business Support. It seems a good role, with a good boss who can help and guide me and the package ain't bad either.

now that I've stopped spinning around I really ought to knuckle down and realise I'm on holiday a week on sat and I need to buy essential items such as mosquito repellant and a sunhat! Whew

No comments: