a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, January 06, 2005

day two

so it was day two of being back at work, and it wasn't actually too bad. yesterday my head was too fuzzy to actually achieve anything, I just sat in my office feeling sorry for myself and sneezing a lot. one of the benefits of being ginger and pasty is that when you're ill (and can't be bothered to put any make up on in the morning) people really notice when you are not well and comment on how pale you look and question whether you should go back home to bed. Boy I love sympathy!!!

We held the three minutes silence at work yesterday. I didn't really think about the length of time until I watched the news that evening and they were dicussing the rights and wrongs. On reflection I do agree that it was a good thing to do but why 3 minutes? I don't think you can categorise these things, so why have a different amount to a "usual" moment of reflection. Does that mean that we have to have 30 seconds if it was a "small" disaster - a disaster is a disaster, and the purpose of the silence is to reflect, and show some form of support in a time when you can do bugger all else to make a difference. Really I guess it's just to make us feel better - and people could say that's selfish, but personally I support it.

anyway, rant over, I'm off for tea - mmmmmm

No comments: