a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Hmmm

You know, I was talking to my mum the other day, and she knew I was going out on Saturday night starting at the Montpellier Wine Bar (sweetie dahhrling!), and I said that I'd need to not drink anymore this week cause of the diet I'm on. She managed to offend me by saying "You know you really need to be careful Wendy so that you don't give people the wrong impression". I calculated that I'd have a fair bit to drink over the past week (about 7 pints admittedly) but that was extremely unusual circumstances and I haven't drunk much over the past few weeks due to the weight loss issue. Then I asked her what she'd drunk and she came out with "Oh a glass or two here or there, oh and then there was the Wine Club on Saturday night and then our friends had us round for drinks on sunday afternoon, and then this afternoon we were at a reunion dinner...." hmmm, I have a distinctive pot-kettle-black moment..

No comments: