a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, March 16, 2015

Well I don't think today will go down as a memorably impressive achievement-filled one.   Ben had Forest school, which basically involves a long coach journey to a field and some trees, to run about a bit in the rain, climb a few trees, cook marshmallows and then a long journey back covered in mud.  All very good for a kiddo who lives in the inner city with no access to the countryside, but we are 5 minutes walk from a lovely wood and hill, plus we have the pleasure of camping at every opportunity - so not really world changing for him.  Still, it beats phonics I guess!

Becca and I attempted a 'Mum and Becca day out' but didn't really manage much bonding time.  We headed to the farm park in the knowledge that it would be quiet due to the weather and it is free as we have passes.  But on the way there we passed a bad car accident which had obviously only just happened.  I went past, but then had a change of heart and turned round to see if I could help.  It's a tough decision as obviously I had Becca in the car, but it isn't a particularly busy road so I felt I had to at least offer.  In fact I was of some use, as I spoke to the emergency services and then stayed with the lady in one of the cars until the paramedics arrived.  But obviously having Becca there meant I had to keep an eye on her too and she got upset so I had to take her out of the car and I think she got a bit cold, so was pretty grumpy by the time we eventually made it to the Farm Park.  Becca doesn't do cold very well (which doesn't bode well for scout camps!).

We managed to watch some lambing and hold a baby chicken but only really lasted about and hour and a half at the farm park before heading back, and she slept on the way home which is very unusual these days so I guess she is a bit under the weather.

The rest of the day was taken up with Frozen viewing, until it was time to collect Ben, who seemed to have brought the best part of the forest back with him on his trousers.

No comments: