a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, November 01, 2012

it's been a fair while since I last posted, partly because any real spare time is spent doing this consultancy work which was due in yesterday (yeah, well never mind eh) and in other areas of my life I have used up all energy, enthusiasm and commitment in persuading my son that pooing in his potty is preferable to doing it in his pants.  In which respect we seem to have finally got somewhere.  If I had written this 7 days ago it would have been one of slight despondency, but finally we seem to have cracked it and today was the first day that he finished the day in the same pair of trousers he started in.

I apologise if you are not a parent and reading this (in which case, why are you reading this and not out drinking and enjoying your social life....??!) -but if this kind of stuff makes you wince just be grateful that you are only reading about it and not living it.

I'm nearing the end of the policy updates I have to do, and the kids are getting nicely settled into their respective nurseries on a Tues and Thurs.  I start work in a month, so I can nearly taste those few days of freedom between finishing this work and 4th December.  Bring on Chapel Spa and an afternoon of lying on the sofa watching the last 8 episodes of X Factor USA..... (I love my son but it does my head in when he won't let me watch my choice of TV).

So November is upon me and it's my mum's 70th birthday next week - that's almost as scary as the fact that I am 40 next year.  She definitely doesn't look 70 that's for sure.  :-)

No comments: