a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes....

well life got a little busy there - actually that;s not really true, it was simply that I got a little knackered and I couldn't muster the energy to write much.  But I have a holiday in sight (6 days and counting), I've had a nice relaxing weekend with the family at home, I EVEN managed to ride my bike into town today, the first time I have ridden it for3 years.  It was FAB.  I have vowed to do it more when I have a little free time.

On which note, there looks to be a little free time on the horizon.  I have a job!  which starts some time in December (or maybe November) as HR Adviser - 3 days per week and a decent salary.  They have been great at sorting out the hours so I can go in late and drop off the kids too. I'm really looking forward to it, although no doubt once I start I will moan, but it is a 12 month contract which is great.

So to prepare for that the kids are enrolled in new nurseries and start them the week after we get back from our hols.  I have the policies work to do for IC which I promised to do by the end of Sept but have no chance of doing by then, but if I can knuckle down and get them done in 6 weeks then I can have some time to myself before starting the job.  Woohoo - now there's a motivation!

I just hope Rebecca copes ok at nursery - I'm less worried about Ben, as I think he will be very happy at his place.  We had two settling in sessions this week but I stayed with her, I think we just have to take a deep breath and deal with it at the time.  She's really showing her personality now and often has us in stitches laughing at her.  She has to toughen up a little given that Ben has a tendency to whack her every now and again.  This evening he tipped half a jug of cold water over her in the bath, poor wee thing. Felt so sorry for her but also had difficulty stopping laughing too.  Her will get a big shock once she starts to fight back....

No comments: