a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, October 19, 2009

another 2am post

I have absolutely no desire to say anything nice about my former boss and his decision to turn me into a lady of leisure, however one thing I am saying to myself regularly is "thank god I am not working". Obviously my preference would have been to have chosen to finish work and start maternity leave slightly earlier, with the ability to return to my paid employment in 12 months time. But I guess that option was jsut not destined to be. whatever the case, I am glad that, given it is 2am on a monday morning, I am not sitting here knowing that I have to get up in 5 hours to go to work and worry about being capable of logical thought and speech.

I don't feel I have suffered from the "pregnancy brain" that many people seem to expect from an up the duff person, however this inability to get a full nights sleep is something I am struggling with. I know this is only the start and that it is practice for the nights when I have a screaming child etc etc, but I long for the day I sleep all through the night, and can lie on my stomach again.

I had intended to finish work on the 23rd so I would have had another 2 weeks left. I may well have coped as I think you probably do just get on with it when you have to, but as it is, I can lie in tomorrow or I can sleep on the sofa in the afternoon - thank god!

anyway, back to other stuff. well we spent a lovely weekend here at home. went to the Literature festival, saw Alan Davies and Chris Evans, both of whom were plugging their books and were very entertaining. Also went to Westonbirt along with half the population in Gloucestershire. I love this time of year when it can be sunny but also crisp and cold. Just wish I had enough energy to go for some long walks :-)

No comments: