a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm well aware that I need to read the popular press etc with a healthy dose of cycnicism, but sometimes it really hits home how they manipulate and distsort reality for a "sellable story". Last night I attended a Cheltenham Literary Festival event with Russell T Davies and John Barrowman. It will a really entertaining hour and an half, with some very funny moments, laid back chatter and some ceriously camp comments which hopefully went over the heads of many under 16s in the audience.

During the Q&A session (I think) there was mention of Prince Charles being asked to have a cameo in Dr Who, which he turned down. This has since been mentioned in the press (see here - this is a toned down version from the report earlier today). Trust me, I was there, it was a JOKE. we laughed. The concept of treason didn't occur to anhyone in the room.....

No comments: