a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, May 03, 2008

happy bank holiday

saturday morning, 3 days off, no major plans and the world is looking good! We could possibly do some worthwhile stuff like wedding things, cleaning the house, planting things in the garden. However I have a sneaky feeling that we'll fritter it away pointlessly and look back on monday night and wonder what we did to fill the time. ON the basis that the next few months look as though they may be seriously busy I don't think thats such a bad thing.

Work is pretty busy but not necessarily in a bad way. We've been bought by another business which throw the remit of my role a little into question, but I won't be out of a job... in fact these things always bring more work.

I need to get on with arranging a few wedding things, we have most of the major stuff sorted but things like gift lists (yay!), DJ's (of the music kind) and suits for the boys are next on the list.

I had my first Scuba diving lesson on thursday which was great fun, it was nice to be learning something new for a change, sometimes you get a bit staid in life and it was nice to test that part of my brain that doesn't get used too often. I ache a little today from using muscles I don't normally use, and I really need to work on clearning my mask, but it was all good and I'm quite excited about being able to dive when we are on holiday, lets just hope I manage it (and not throw up on the boat!!)

I really need to get off my arse and do some running though!!!

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

I could have certainly gone for the three day weekend this weekend, let me tell you. Too bad scuba diving is pretty much out of the cards here in New England until July--water too cold up here. Good reason to take a vacation.