a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, October 17, 2005

phew

dresses viewed... and I'm still attached. Phew - that was a close one!
Saw Hugh Fernley Wotsit last night at the literature festival. Never been big-time into him but Sarah, Rob and Mad were going so I thought I'd tag along. Aside from being delighted by the freebies from the local health food shop (I'm a sucker for a marketing ploy) I really enjoyed it. He was very entertaining, intelligent and down to earth. He spoke with real conviction about what he believed in but didn't come across as pretentious or holier-than-thou. His arguments for organic and lcoal produce were very logical and by far the most refreshing thing was that he seems to accept that he's not going to change the world with a revoultion, more like he is hopeful for change by evolution. Anyway, he convinced me, so I shall be thinking much more about what/how I buy and eat food from now on.

No comments: