a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, September 09, 2005

permanently engaged

more like permanently surrounded by people being engaged... congrats to the newest members of the "happy couple" clan, great news, really pleased, couldn't be happier, hard to imagine two people better suited etc. nice to feel I played a part - we got there in the end! As said in her comments box, in the words of my niece, "USUALLY I'm a bridesmaid" but I'll reinforce the fact that after the 8th oct I shall be going into retirement.... yes seriously, no bribery can make me do this again, I'm too old..... so you're let off that particular hook!

that said, it's Ms Henderson's hen weekend from tonight, so the men of Bath should be quaking in their boots. We've suitably stressed her out with tales of printed t-shirts, cave girl outfits and L plates, so I'll be suprised if she actually turns up! Hopefully I'll survive to tell the tale on monday. My better half (am I allowed to call him that?) will be hurtling down some slalom thingy in a canoe. Each to their own i guess. As long as he survives to make it to Rome with me in a few weeks time. Can't wait, need a break from the drudgery of work.

No comments: