a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

the drugs don't work...

actually they do!!! yey!
I'm prone to the odd migrane, not so often as to be a real problem but when i get them they are bad and they linger like a bad smell for hours if not days after the initial attack. With the new job I was worried that I'd get caught at a time when i couldn't chuck up, take myself off to a dark room and sleep it off for a few hours. so I went to the doctor, who told me I had 2 choices. try and prevent them in the first place, or carry some drugs which might stop them once I felt an attack coming on. The prevention side involved giving up certain things like drinking red wine - I didn't even have to say anything, he took one look at the expression on my face and was immediately reaching for the prescription pad..... ! Bless him, my kind of Doc

anyway, I felt a badd'un coming on this afternoon so downed a pill on my way home from Warwick. still felt rough when i got home so went off to bed. Woke up an hour later - feel fab....! No lingering thud, no nausea.... bloomin marvellous. I love the NHS!

The only wierd thing was waking up at 8pm - and it was dark - completely threw me, did someone turn on the autumn switch whilst I wasn't looking???

No comments: