a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, October 06, 2012

....and Toby's travelling Circus gives me ten minutes of peace to write some drivel and drink a cuppa.  God bless Milkshake (apart from those bloody awful adverts of baby dolls who pee - ffs who wants a toy that wets the carpet, they'll sell one that poos and vomits all over you  next).
It's been a tough week with Rebecca full of cold and growing 3 teeth - poor thing.  but it looks like she may be on the mend, although her sleeping habits are still leaving a lot to be desired (I fear Paul didn't get much rest last night, sharing a bed with such a wriggler).

I'm feeling the pressure a little with the contract work I need to get done this month. With Rebecca missing nursery this week, and ben having half term in a few weeks time I don't have loads of time to spare, so will have to forego the Killing 2 viewings and possibly (shock horror) keeping up with the new series of Homeland  whilst I immerse myself in flexible working and sickness absence policies oh joy.  Still, it's cash, and thats what I need at the moment....

The prospect of starting work 3 days a week in December is increasingly daunting,  now the euphoria of actually getting a job has worn off I am simply fearful of the practicalities of being a working mum... But I guess every other working parent copes so I will simply have to as well.

Hey ho... Rebecca is about to spread her snot all over my laptop so better go for now....

No comments: