a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, May 14, 2012

Blimey, has it really been that long. 2 years can go in a flash can't they, or a sleep-deprived blur could be a more appropriate description. So I have renewed vigour on the blog front, which may only last a week but I will try. I had a re-read of some of my posts last night and, whilst I love to post regular comments and status updates on Facebook, they don't really allow me to go into the depth that this blog did, and I miss that. Especially when reading it back. And lets face it, this is the period of my life that I will most want to read back over, those precious parental moments that mean so much to me - though probably not to anyone else! So I will attempt to reinstate my ramblings, which will involve lots of discussion about sleep, poo and teething and lots less about travelling, partying and working. More Gina Ford than Judith Chalmers, if you will.... So to get the ball rolling - what did the 14th May 2012 bring? Well it brought a little girl who has discovered the veritable delights of teeth grinding that having top and bottom teeth provide. The kind of stuff that sets my own teeth on edge, especially at a sleep-deprived 3am. And as for Ben, well a milestone day in that he had his first formal haircut. I'd made a fairly decent go of it myself a few times - as I tell my husband regularly, I've worked in a hairdressers you know (IN HR!!! is his regular response, when I use this phrase to offer to cut his....). - Having siad that, it was getting a little beyond my capaibilies so i muscled in on my mum;s hairdresser's appointment who cuts it at her house, and Libby did a great job. He was very bemused and a little concerned but sat still and did me proud. He looks a little more grown up, but not radically different so I am chuffed. Will try and post a photo when I've worked out how to from my phone. So that was today, Let's see how the rest of this week goes, but for now, my glass of wine, plus fishcakes and chips are waiting....

No comments: