a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Saturday, April 17, 2010

we returned from a nice short break in somerset with the in laws and other ellis family members. a huge lovely house where you can try and convince yourself you are part of the landed gentry. We didn't really achieve much - such is the way of going on holiday with a four month old - but we enjoyed the company and the break. It was liberating to be without too much technology - and made me realise how much time I waste on the internet when at home 9as I am doing at this present time) however I also realise how much I use the internet - not only as a tool to "do" things, but to keep me company in the daytime when i am isolated at home. In a timely fashion I enjoyed watching a programme last night where a family had all their technology stripped away and then returned to them in order of time over the last few decades - http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricdreams/about.shtml
All this has made me realise I need to do less surfing and do more activity. I could write soooo much more but on that note, the boy has woken and I must go.....

No comments: