a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Monday, March 23, 2009

delegate or abdicate

I'm not a brilliant boss, but I'm told I'm pretty good. I am a little soft perhaps, and maybe don't push people along as much as I could, preferring to beleive they have their own ability to motivte themselves unless I am proved wrong. I've not had an amazing year in this new job, circumstances have meant that I haven't achieved anywhere near what i would have liked to had the role been what it was intended to be. instead of a big fish in a little pond I'm now a small fish in a bloody swimming pool and that is naturally frustrating. But I guess what i'm really hating is having a boss here in the UK. I had expected to be the "boss" and I'm not always the best employee - being a stubborn old cow at times.

Today was a classic example of why i hate not being the boss, in that I was "delegated" a task that had been sat with my boss for nearly 2 weeks, and I now have less than 2 days to do it. to me, thats not delegation, but abdication. if I ever do that to anyone, shoot me.

No comments: