a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, June 27, 2008

illaminating stuff

I have spent a fair few hours sorting out the malvern challenge base, with cutting and pasting guide/scout/brownie/cub badges for the kids to try and mime to each other.  I have to admit I did get a bit mischievous and add in the really random old ones such as Scottish folk dancing, basket-weaving and language for the deaf.  not having been involved in the movements apart from hanging on the Sagga-esque edges I was a bit gobsmacked at some of the new badges the guides did - chocolate badge???  party planner???  I'd have done so much better if they had been in existence "in my day"  (god did I really say that?!)  but I guess we all have to move with the times.  It will be interesting to see if we get Wii-expert badge or facebook addict badge in the near future....

 

Anyway, I digress  from the real purpose of the post which is to explain the reasoning behind my new No. 2 addiction (behind Miffy). I wanted to create laminated badges so that when it pisses it down with rain tomorrow (as it invariably does at the MC) then the game doesn't fail on the basis of soggy materials.  But I couldn't get the laminator at work to perform and was off work today so didn't manage to figure out why in time.  I had a back up plan but actually saw a laminator in town for £14.95.  What a bargain.  I have always had a bit of a thing about laminating - no idea why, so now find myself a proud owner of one!  bring it on, I am going to become laminator queen.  there's going to be signs all over the house  "please clean up after yourself" in the kitchen, "please put the loo seat down" in the toilet.  ooh the possibilities are endless......

1 comment:

Bubble's Mum said...

I agree! Laminating is the way forward!!