a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, April 26, 2007

work life inbalance

evening. it's thursday night and boy i'm looking foreward to the weekend. By pure chance April has been prety quiet for us with most weekends at home with few plans. But that has been a really good thing, as Paul has been settling into his new job and I have been trying to cover a colleagues role as well as mine (plus a third role for a couple of days) which has led to some long hours. Which has basically meant we've both collapsed at the weekends!

We did go out for a lovely meal here one evening which was absolutely gorgeous, both on the food front and on the atmosphere/service/ambience. Paul had sweet potato and coconut milk soup for starter which was out of this world so I had a go at making something similar the other day and was suitably impressed with my efforts.... Yum


hmm what else has been going on?

ah well we went salsa dancing last weekend for emma's birthday which was a right old laugh, and then this monday I dressed in a tabard and stripey cloth on my head for Singalongajoseph. sarah brought the contents of the school dressing up box which we made full use of. I'm sadly now paranoid that I have caught nits but I'm hoping it is just paranoia... I had a bit of trouble talking the next day due to my sore throat, "Jacob! Jacob and sons..." good old Donny Osmond.

oph and final thing for now. a reccomendation to go and see this film soon before it finishes at the cinema. As the Good Dr correctly described it " a proper grown up sci-fi". It was really good, with an inspired idea and a really should be seen on the big screen. Not bad for a non-geek eh, he's agreed it's a rom-com next!

No comments: